Spring 2020: Capstone Project
Juan Ndong Nguema, University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX 77006
Advisor: Dr. Arati Nanda Pati
The Ebola virus disease is a serious infectious disease with the highest mortality rate that is considered as one of the most contagious diseases. Our goal is to construct a mathematical model to devise the optimal Ebola outbreak simulation, and through a numerical simulation predict the behavior of the Ebola outbreak.
1. "Ebola Virus Disease." World Health Organization, World Health Organization, www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ebola-virus-disease.
2. Viral Special Pathogens Branch (VSPB). "Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease) | CDC." CDC, 5 Nov. 2019, www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html.
3. CK-12. "Euler's Numerical Methods (Improved Euler, Runge-Kutta)." CK, CK-12 Foundation, 16 Aug. 2016, www.ck12.org/calculus/Eulers-Numerical-Methods-Improved-Euler-Runge-Kutta/lesson/Numerical-Methods-for-Solving-ODEs-CALC/.
4. Chretien, Jean-Paul, et al. "Mathematical Modeling of the West Africa Ebola Epidemic." ELife, ELife Sciences Publications, Ltd, 8 Dec. 2015, elifesciences.org/articles/09186.
5. EL Rhoubari, Z., Besbassi, H., Hattaf, K. and Yousfi, N. (2020). Mathematical Modeling of Ebola Virus Disease in Bat Population.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: